The 2018-2028 Agenda
Following the adoption of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development by the United Nations and the entry into force of the Paris Agreement, WFO equipped itself with the 2018-2028 Strategic Framework. It was adopted by the 2017 WFO General Assembly, in Helsinki, Finland, and establishes the overall direction that the Organisation will take to foster the farming sector at global level.
The 2018-2028 Agenda is based on five pillars:
- Improving the existing membership retention rate as well as developing membership, in terms of organizations and countries represented (Representation);
- Strengthening and developing effective networks to foster dialogue and exchange experiences and best practices for an inclusive, multi-stakeholder and forward-looking policy formulation (Networking and Partnerships);
- Strengthening the member-driven bottom-up decision-making process debates (Policy development);
- Enhancing farmers’ position in the relevant international debates by supporting their values and propositions (Advocacy);
- Enabling all farmers of the world to have a voice through their farmer organisations and so strengthen their influence through the WFO (Capacity building).