In ancient time, youngsters who initiated an educational program were trained in a GYMNASIUM by a mentor who was responsible for their education path. During this period, the apprentice was confronted with all kind of arts, economics, politics, law, to make sure that his/her education was complete and could allow the trainee to make positive contribution to all possible discussions in his/her adult life.
In the present economy, the so-called knowledge economy, education is at the center of all professional experiences and, like in ancient times, it is the most valuable asset to be owned.
Intellectual skills acquisition and intellectual capital management are crucial asset for succeeding in a highly-intense competitive environment requiring a diverse knowledge and high-level specialization.
This is the spirit of the WFO GYMNASIUM, a high-level capacity building program that is aimed at providing a wide spectrum education to Young Farmers. Actors that are called to play a critical role for the Planet by contributing to food security, being the stewards of environment, integrating innovative techniques, being part of the trading system, ensuring sustainability.
Through a holistic educational approach and high-level training-mentors, the GYMNASIUM is aimed at shaping the knowledge of the Young Farmers’ leaders by providing the necessary learning tools and practical experiences.
- International agricultural policies
- Effective agricultural lobby and networking
- Political negotiations on Agriculture
- Contract Farming
- Business management
- Farmers’ Organisation management
- The impact of Climate Change in Agriculture: Farmers’ solutions to Climate Change
- Agricultural micro and macro-economics systems
- Environmental Management (Management of Natural Resources)
- Sustainable Development
- Food security and social protection
- Water resources management
- Risk Management: Principles and Applications in the agricultural sector
- The use of innovation in the agricultural sector
- Multilateral Agricultural System (FAO, IFAD and WFP)
- Efficient communication strategies
- Animal health and animal welfare