The Internal Affairs Session took centre stage on the second day of the 2023 WFO Annual Meeting.
The Internal Affairs Session holds great significance for the Organisation, as the decisions made during this session determine the direction of the WFO for the upcoming year and beyond.
Today, the General Assembly, which is the highest decision-making body of the World Farmers’ Organisation (WFO), took the following actions:
- Elected Ms Fiona Simson, President of the National Farmers’ Federation (NFF) Australia, as the representative for the Oceanian Constituency to the WFO Board of Directors
- Confirmed Ms Mary Robinson, former President of the Canadian Federation of Agriculture, as the representative for the North American Constituency
- Voted for Ms Mary Robinson as their new Vice President until the end of her mandate in 2025
- Approved the Mid-Term Review of the WFO Strategic Framework 2018-2028
- Expressed their positive vote for the revision of the WFO Policy on International Trade
- Adopted two official statements on Carbon Markets and Real Agriculture
- Established a new Working Group on Trade to support the Organization’s advocacy and policy development efforts in this area.